Many patients wonder what the difference is between Neograft and hair transplant surgery performed using the strip harvesting method (Strip method).
One of the biggest differences between the FUE method and the strip harvesting method is NeoGraft is a no-scar procedure. There are no incisions involved because we do not excise skin and hair from the back of the head to obtain the hair grafts. The strip harvesting method requires creating a long incision on the back of the head which can take some time to heal and leaves a permanent scar.
With the manual follicular unit extraction (FUE) technique and development of the NeoGraft Automated FUE and Implantation System, there’s no need to use any type of forceps or scalpels to remove the hair. The NeoGraft device is precise enough to remove individual hair follicle without causing trauma to the scalp. It’s a relatively pain-free experience for the patient and results are outstanding.
NeoGraft vs. Strip Harvesting Compared
- Minimally-invasive procedure
- Does not create a wound or long scar
- Minimal discomfort, no prescription medication needed
- Quick and efficient procedure time
- No post-procedural hairstyle restrictions
- No activity restrictions
- Single-visit procedure
Strip Harvesting Method
- Invasive surgical procedure
- Creates a wound and long scar
- Painful, prescription medication often required
- Long surgery
- Post-procedural hairstyle restrictions
- Many activity restrictions
- May require multiple visits